This is *scenceable
's kirin Tariana which I have finally finished! It kept getting put off by one thing or another but NOW it's DONE! And I'm SO pleased with it!
I wasn't too sure about the green feathers or the long horns but as usual I was proven wrong and really like how they turned out. The bright fur just cheers me up so much. I used dylon fabric dye paints for the colour, I'm really pleased with how they work. You're supposed to fix them with an iron but I tried this and it melted the fur (duh) so I just blow dried it at a really high heat while brushing it with a nail brush. I'm really happy I finally have devised a way of doing markings on fur!
Made in the same way I make all my dolls, fimo sculpted onto a wire armature which is then wrapped in batting. A pattern is made and the fur is cut and hand sewn, then any details are glued on with hot glue, the fimo is painted and finally the eyes are vanished and left to dry overnight. The whole process takes a few days depending on how busy I am and whether I have all the materials I need.
These are the same green goose bivots I used on *Cerisedolls
's purple cat-dragon commission
. I still have loads left too, this trimming is going on and on!
I do take commissions, £50/$81 for a doll without wings and £70/$113 for one with wings. The feathers I use are from a fly-tying website and the fur is from a teddy bear supplies website, which means both are very high quality and the fur is very soft and durable. I use fimo soft, usually flesh toned but in this case I used white. Usually I use acrylic paints on the fimo but this time I used the fabric dye to make sure the colours matched well. All the fimo parts are then covered with matt varnish to protect the paint.
Thanks for looking!